Getting ready to hire a eLearning Developer?
Professional who uses eLearning authoring tools and web technologies to design, develop, and maintain digital learning media assets and modules in education or corporate training.
We are seeking an eLearning Developer to join our Learning and Development team. You will be responsible for creating high-quality, effective, and interactive digital learning materials for use in online and blended learning. This role will focus primarily on the development of digital and blended learning assets, but will also include collaboration in learning design with subject matter experts and/or instructional designers. Our ideal candidate is well-versed in online course development software and authoring tools, passion for learning technology, and a fine-tuned attention to detail.
- Use eLearning authoring tools and web technologies to build interactive digital learning components for use in online and blended learning
- Coordinate and liaise with learning and development designers and SMEs to create accurate and appropriate e-learning solutions
- Use existing storyboards and design documents to build interactive eLearning modules
- Develop courses through all stages of the learning development process including prototyping, Alpha, Beta testing and final production and perform technical troubleshooting during and after the production process
- Develop graphics, animations, videos, and multimedia
- Review existing course content, make recommendations for potential updates, and complete approved updates including; version updates, general edits, template updates, graphics, links, etc.
- Ensure e-Learning solutions are delivered on time, on budget, are high-quality, and meet standard specifications
- Develop webinars, self-paced training, and other learning technology training and information sessions as needed
- Conduct ongoing research and maintain knowledge on emerging trends and technologies in online learning methods, strategies and authoring tools
Education & Certifications
Bachelor’s degree required, Master degree preferred, in Computer Science and Engineering, Instructional Technologies, Instructional Design or related field.
- At least 2 years experience in an Instructional Design, eLearning Development or Instructional Technology role
- Proficiency with a variety of eLearning authoring and web-development authoring tools such as:
- Articulate Studio, Storyline, Rise, and Replay
- Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Online assessment creation software such as Respondus, Typeform, Novi
- Video Platforms such as Kaltura
- Working knowledge of SCORM principles, Reusable Learning Objects, and XML
- At least 1-year basic level LMS/CMS administration experience
- At least 1-year experience with agile development processes
- At least 1-year experience with the ADDIE model for creating effective learning/training deliverables
- Basic level experience with educational video production, development, and editing preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with multidisciplinary internal teams including subject matter experts, instructional designers, training specialists, graphic designers, and leadership
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time, prioritize tasks, identify and mitigate risks, and meet tight deadlines while still maintaining high-quality work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
This job description is available to customize. Download or save a copy of this job description.Download
Need to hire a eLearning Developer?
Reach out today for expert help finding the best candidates for your position.Contact Teamed