Getting ready to hire a Student Success Data Analyst?
Student Success Data Analyst
A data analyst who partners with stakeholders and colleagues to evaluate and define goals and design, develop, and deploy models and reports that provide actionable insight into student success.
We are seeking a Student Success Data Analyst to partner with college leadership and staff to understand our analytical needs and to design, develop, and deploy models and reports that provide insight into institutional effectiveness and student success. You will have experience in dataset preparation, exploratory data analysis, statistical analysis, predictive model design and development, data visualization, and delivering results to a variety of stakeholders. In addition, our ideal candidate has experience working within the education or edtech industry.
- Communicate with stakeholders to determine institutional goals, and design analyses and data visualizations to provide insight to complex student success challenges
- Conduct exploratory data analysis in collaboration with subject matter experts to build and validate analytical datasets
- Build predictive data models (regression, decision trees, neural networks, etc.) to generate scores and forecasts
- Communicate predictive model results and applications to end-users at college
- Collaborate with teams to build data pipelines and deploy models to a production environment for operational use
Education & Certifications
Master’s degree in an analytical/quantitative field such as Data Science, Statistics, etc.
- 3+ years of experience working in data analytics, with significant experience building and evaluating machine/predictive learning models
- Experience working in a Higher Education institution or EdTech company with a focus on student success is highly preferred
- Ability to conduct, interpret, and explain statistical analyses
- Analytical dataset design and preparation skills (SQL, R, apache, and python)
- Experience using interactive data visualization tools like Tableau to enable data exploration and communicate results of data analysis
- Strong understanding of relational database and data warehouse concepts
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and experience presenting findings to decision-makers
- Ability to work effectively and independently, managing multiple priorities and meeting deliverable deadlines
- Experience working with both business users and technical development teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
This job description is available to customize. Download or save a copy of this job description.Download
Need to hire a Student Success Data Analyst?
Reach out today for expert help finding the best candidates for your position.Contact Teamed