Getting ready to hire a Permission Clearance Specialist?
Permission Clearance Specialist
This person is responsible for researching, securing permission, and documenting asset use details for copyrighted text, images, and video assets.
We are seeking a permission clearance specialist to obtain and document copyright use details for assets used in digital learning products and programs. This person will be responsible for timely and accurate rights clearance, copyright lines, and documentation of licenses. Our ideal candidate has two years of permissions clearance experience and excellent research and communication skills.
- Review manuscripts, design documents or other documentation to identify all assets that require copyright review
- Research assets, including fair use laws and copyright holder information to determine appropriate next steps
- Request and obtain permission or license for text, image, and video assets
- Write credit lines, copyright acknowledgments, and copyright pages
- Maintain accurate records of assets and permissions and licenses
- Communicate status of projects to stakeholders and business partners in a timely manner
- Balance schedule and workload to meet deadlines for assigned projects
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Journalism, Literature, or another relevant field
- Two years of permissions clearance experience required
- Strong understanding of fair use policies
- General knowledge of publication production processes desired
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and sense of initiative
- Excellent written and verbal skills with solid time management skills
- Ability to work effectively with a geographically dispersed team as well as independently
Need to hire a Permission Clearance Specialist?
Reach out today for expert help finding the best candidates for your position.Contact Teamed