Getting ready to hire a Managing Editor?
A managing editor supervises writers, producers, and technical educational teams to ensure high standards for content quality, including tone, style, and copy edits.
We are seeking a managing editor (ME) who will be responsible for ensuring the highest quality of content across all editorial properties. The ME works with educators and content producers/writers to ensure high standards for content quality – including tone, style, and required copy edits. The ME also supervises authors and editors, recruits external authors/editors, and may also conduct market research to generate new content ideas.
- Creates, produces, and manages content on all our educational platforms
- Directs all content creation while supervising freelancers and writers on our team
- Analyzes data to develop and perfect user-experience and retention strategies for our content
- Collaborates with Technology and Operations Teams to support their content-creation needs and optimize content
- Provides mentorship and guidance to more junior content producers/writers, instilling best practices across the team
- Carries out reporting and analysis of content performance along with recommendations for optimizations
Education & Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Communication, Education, or other relevant field required
- 6 years of content-creation experience for an educational audience
- 3 years managing educational-content websites
- Ability to determine editorial scope and direction
- Demonstrable project management experience
- High attention to detail to ensure content is thoroughly fact-checked and accurate
- Excellent analytical skills to interpret traffic and performance to draw suitable recommendations on future content
- Self-starter: somebody with a positive attitude, not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get work done
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and visual
- Strong interpersonal skills
This job description is available to customize. Download or save a copy of this job description.Download
Need to hire a Managing Editor?
Reach out today for expert help finding the best candidates for your position.Contact Teamed