Getting ready to hire a Learning Technologist (Faculty Support)?
Learning Technologist (Faculty Support)
Professional who provides faculty with learning technology guidance and support and assists in building online courses, the associated assets, and integrating tools.
We are seeking a learning technologist to collaborate with faculty to foster, facilitate, and support the use of learning technology. You will be responsible for integrating existing and new technologies, assisting in the development of online and hybrid courses, and providing technical support and training. Our ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of current and emerging learning technologies, experience guiding others in the adoption of technologies, and a track record in providing quality technical support.
- Collaborate with faculty to identify and pilot technologies to enhance teaching and learning
- Support faculty in the production of online courses and assets including multimedia lectures, audio, video, and interactive media
- Participate in quality assurance reviews and provide guidance on 508 accessibility standards and universal design principles
- Provide timely support and troubleshooting to resolve technical issues
- Plan and conduct workshops in the use of technology for online and hybrid learning for faculty, staff, and students
- Develop reference materials, guidelines, tutorials, and general documentation to support the use of technology
- Remain current on new and emerging technologies including software, hardware, mobile, and cloud technologies that can enhance online teaching and learning
- Advocate for technological solutions that advance institutional goals and positively impact students and faculty
Education & Certifications
- Bachelors degree required, Masters preferred in Computer Science, Educational Technology, Instructional Design, or related field
- Familiarity with instructional design principles and teaching and learning theories
- In-depth knowledge of current and emerging learning technologies including Learning Management Systems (LMSs), ePortfolio platforms, assessment tools, and other learning technologies
- Experience integrating learning tools, building online courses, and evaluating and testing technological solutions and vendor tools
- Ability to design and produce digital content including graphics, videos, and eLearning modules
- Experience using software applications such as Photoshop, Premiere, Captivate, After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and Audition
- Highly professional, organized, and reliable
- Ability to think critically about tasks and make recommendations to improve the student experience
- Strong interpersonal skills including those needed to create and maintain positive interactions
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Passionate about digitally-enabled learning and eager to grow and learn
Need to hire a Learning Technologist (Faculty Support)?
Reach out today for expert help finding the best candidates for your position.Contact Teamed