Getting ready to hire a Learning Designer (Education)?
Learning Designer (Education, Centrally Designed Curriculum)
Professional who collaborates with a team of functional experts to design and develop online education courses and programs.
We are seeking a learning designer to create high-quality online courses. In this role, you will collaborate with program and product managers, academic technologists, content architects, editors, media developers, and stakeholders across academics. You will be responsible for conceptualizing and designing well-aligned, relevant learning experiences that apply teaching and learning best practices. Our ideal candidate is student-centric, has an ability to synthesize various inputs, and works well in an agile course design and development process.
- Conduct thorough analyses of student needs, common challenges, historical course performance, instructor recommendations, course and program goals, and competitor analysis
- Guide the course creation process according to the established processes and standards
- Synthesize research and collaborator inputs to make informed, strategic recommendations
- Define clear, measurable learning outcomes at an appropriate Bloom’s taxonomy level
- Create high-quality and valid assessment plans and artifacts to assess learning formatively and summatively
- Partner with curation specialists, copyeditors, and scriptwriters to acquire and create effective content
- Partner with multimedia developers to create graphics and engaging media assets
- Participate in quality assurance reviews, instructor training, and ongoing analysis of course performance
- Track project milestones and communicate at regular intervals with stakeholders
- Maintain currency in learning sciences, instructional design principles, and emerging technologies and trends related to higher education
Education & Certifications
- Bachelors degree required, Masters preferred in Learning Design and Technology, Educational Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related field
- Quality Matters (QM) Certified and Peer Reviewer or Master Reviewer preferred
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories, instructional practices, and instructional design models
- Experience creating measurable learning outcomes and aligned formative and summative assessments
- Effective project management and communication skills including skill in creating project tracking documentation and communicating progress to relevant stakeholders
- Experience working with data including collecting, analyzing, and drawing actionable conclusions
- Ability to work effectively with a multifunctional and geographically dispersed team as well as independently
- Proficiency with LMS systems, project management software, various communication tools, and Microsoft Office software
- Passionate about digitally-enabled learning and eager to grow and learn
Find your next Digital Learning Job on our Job Board.
Need to hire a Learning Designer (Education)?
Reach out today for expert help finding the best candidates for your position.Contact Teamed