Getting ready to hire a Instructional Systems Designer (Government & Military)?
Instructional Systems Designer (Government or Military)
Professional who designs and develops online, onground, and/or hybrid training for a branch of the U.S. military or a U.S. government agency.
We are seeking an Instructional Systems Designer to create and manage training/learning curriculum and materials for use by public sector personnel units within our agency. You will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of online, in-person and blended training programs and materials. Our ideal candidate is experienced in instructional design and development, training, and the use of eLearning authoring tools and learning platforms. Excellent communication skills with military, government and civilian personnel, as well as an ability to function effectively in a highly structured working environment, are qualities needed to succeed in this position.
- Manage assigned training programs from end to end, including the following phases:
- Analyze training needs and gaps for assigned personnel units within agency
- Use storyboards, design documents, assessment mapping, and other agency documentation as needed to design training to fit specific audiences, job requirements, agency outcomes and applicable government regulations/standards
- Use eLearning authoring tools to build and develop engaging, effective training and learning products which may include multimedia, assessment, certification, simulation, scenario and gaming elements
- Coordinate implementation of online, blended and in-person training sessions as needed
- Evaluate effectiveness of training using assessment, learning outcomes, reports, interviews, etc. and make improvements as needed
- Test and refine learning materials following an iterative, agile development and review cycle to include prototyping, Alpha and Beta testing, final production, and technical troubleshooting throughout the entire production process
- Work with project manager(s), subject matter experts, cross-functional review teams, and other stakeholders as needed to ensure training is delivered on time, on budget, and at high-quality
- Ensure training will work on all agency computers and mobile devices, is culturally competent, is accessible and Section 508 compliant, and is in compliance with all applicable agency/government/military training standards
- Assist in preparation and processing of technical performance work standards and/or orders as needed
Education & Certifications
- Bachelors degree required, Master degree preferred, in Computer Science, Instructional
- Technology, Instructional Design or Training related field
- All applicable security clearances must have already been obtained and must be provided for consideration
- Must be U.S. citizen
- If male and born after 12/31/59, Selective Services Registration is required
- Veteran status is given special consideration for this role
- At least 2 years experience in an Instructional Design, eLearning Development, Instructional
- Technology, Adult Learning, and/or Training-related field within the public sector
- Applicable Time-In-Grade requirements must have been met (for current federal employee applicants only)
- Proficiency with commonly used industry eLearning authoring tools, as well as the ability to quickly learn agency-specific authoring tools
- Basic working knowledge of SCORM principles, Reusable Learning Objects, and XML preferred
- Project management experience on at least one training/learning project required
- Basic level LMS/CMS administration experience preferred
- At least 2 years experience with ADDIE and SAM learning/training creation models, as well as agile development processes, required
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with multidisciplinary, cross-functional internal teams including subject matter experts, other instructional systems designers, LMS administration, other internal departments and other outside agencies as needed
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time, prioritize tasks, identify and mitigate risks, and meet tight deadlines while still maintaining high-quality work in a structured environment
- Strong attention to detail required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills tailored individually to military, government and/or civilian audiences
- Please note that the following processes may be a part of the hiring process for this position:
- Thorough background check
- Probationary period up to 52 weeks (1 year)
Find out more about our hiring services.
Need to hire a Instructional Systems Designer (Government & Military)?
Reach out today for expert help finding the best candidates for your position.Contact Teamed