Getting ready to hire a Faculty Training and Development?
Faculty Training and Development
Professional who plans, implements, and maintains a program of training and professional development for faculty members.
We are seeking a Director of Faculty Training and Professional Development to plan, implement, and maintain training and professional development programs for faculty. You will be responsible for selecting and overseeing training opportunities, coordinating programmatic assessments, and working with stakeholders across the institution to identify areas for training and development. Our ideal candidate has expertise in faculty development and training in higher education settings, familiarity with best practices for remote, online, and hybrid teaching, and strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Coordinate with departments and faculty to identify training and professional development opportunities that meet course, program, and institutional goals
- Design training programs and materials to address the needs of faculty members
- Schedule and publicize opportunities for professional development for faculty
- Facilitate or coordinate instructor training and educational opportunities in educational technologies and modalities as well as teaching, learning and assessment best practices
- Continually develop and improve faculty development processes including orientation and onboarding
- Provide individualized faculty development plans in collaboration with academic leadership
- Contribute to the improvement of outcome measures to uphold accreditation standards
- Identify teaching and learning quality indicators to uphold the highest standards of instruction
- Develop long-term and short-term plans and faculty training goals
- Monitor training and professional development budgets
- Build and maintain a library of teaching and learning resources accessible to faculty
Education & Certifications
Master’s Degree or higher, preferred expertise in education, curriculum, learning theory or instruction
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a higher education teaching or learning position
- Working knowledge of developing trends in educational innovation and faculty development
- Proficiency in LMS systems, social and collaborative tools, and Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of teaching and learning design best practices
- Demonstrated experience in delivering training or instruction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
This job description is available to customize. Download or save a copy of this job description.Download
Need to hire a Faculty Training and Development?
Reach out today for expert help finding the best candidates for your position.Contact Teamed