Getting ready to hire a Technical Writer?
A technical writer creates technical documents and texts, explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner.
We are seeking a technical writer who will work closely with our team members, end-users, and other stakeholders to write high-quality texts and documentation, with an ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Develop, write, and edit material for reports, manuals, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods and procedures
- Organize, write, edit, and produce technical documentation meeting project standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
- Review materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, and content
- May also perform the following tasks: Maintain files of work and revisions, select imagery to illustrate material, and assist in designing or laying out material for publication
- Participate in the establishment of guidelines and standards for text and graphics
- Coordinate QC process to ensure accuracy and adequacy of each product/publication, including in-process and final reviews; editing for compliance with all applicable specifications and standards; and verification that quality publications are produced.
Education & Certifications
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, engineering, or other relevant field
- Three (3)+ years experience gathering, analyzing, and composing technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel
- Demonstrable experience composing technical documents including user’s manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, or reports in accordance with technical documentation guidelines and standards
- Demonstrable experience editing documents to ensure grammatical correctness and conducting research to ensure the use of proper technical terminology
- Excellent writing and editing skills, familiar with AP style and Chicago Manual of Style
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Visio) and Adobe Acrobat Pro, including template creation and application; familiarity with XML topic-based technical writing
- Experience in a quick-paced environment with rapid deadlines
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
This job description is available to customize. Download or save a copy of this job description.Download
Need to hire a Technical Writer?
Reach out today for expert help finding the best candidates for your position.Contact Teamed