Getting ready to hire a Psychometrician?
Psychometrician – Education and EdTech
Professional who designs, develops, and analyzes data for the assessment of learning within an education institution, publishing company, testing company, or other EdTech organization.
We are seeking a psychometrician to research, design, develop, and analyze assessments to be included as an assessment strategy for our institution or company’s core product(s). You will be responsible for working with a multidisciplinary team in the creation, review, implementation, data analysis, and reporting of assessments. Our ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of teaching and assessment strategies, as well as educational measurement and learning design practices. This candidate must have prior experience with data analysis techniques and software. A creative mindset, excellent problem-solving skills, and strong attention to detail are also needed to succeed in this position.
- Create assessment and feedback items
- Review team members’ contributions towards assessment and feedback items and provide feedback
- Define Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) that an assessment will measure
- Measure and ensure the fairness, validity, and reliability of assessments
- Manage large and complex data sets
- Customize assessments as needed for clients, educational institutions, or departments
- Collect, analyze, report on, and communicate assessment data/results as needed internally and/or with clients, including non-technical audiences
- Oversee the assessment QA process
- Research and pilot existing and emerging alternative assessment designs and assessment technologies
- Maintain currency in the field of learning assessment and in new and emerging learning technologies and trends related to both the EdTech industry and your clients in education
Education & Certifications
- Masters degree required in an education, learning sciences, data scient, or psychology-related field
- At least 3 years experience in assessment design and development and/or educational measurement
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data, including large data sets
- Technical familiarity with assessment creation, reporting, statistical analysis, and support software/tools
- Expertise in current educational measurement theories and methods, as well as the ability to effectively implement these theories and methods and adapt them as needed for practical applications
- Experience with adaptive online testing and multi-stage testing
- Experience with creating and validating assessment rubrics
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a multidisciplinary internal team as well as external clients as needed
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time, prioritize tasks, identify and mitigate risks, and meet tight deadlines while still maintaining high-quality work
- Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting, critical thinking and decision-making skills
Need to hire a Psychometrician?
Reach out today for expert help finding the best candidates for your position.Contact Teamed