Getting ready to hire a Learning Designer (Faculty Support)?
Learning Designer (Higher Education Faculty Support Role)
Professional who works with university faculty to design, develop, implement and maintain online and hybrid courses.
We are seeking a learning designer to work closely with faculty to develop, implement, and maintain online and hybrid courses. You will be responsible for providing training and on-going support for courses, supporting the development of multimedia assets, and partnering with faculty to test and integrate technology solutions. Our ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of teaching and learning design practices, experience implementing technology-based learning solutions, and strong communication and interpersonal skills. Previous college-level teaching experience is a plus.
- Promote creative and trusting partnerships with faculty and other stakeholders
- Analyze discipline learning objectives, course objectives, instructional goals, and pedagogical challenges to support course design and integration of appropriate technology
- Assess alignment of learning objectives, activities, and assessments at course, program, and institutional level
- Synthesize ideas and teachings to support in the creation of instructional materials including writing storyboards, scripts, and course content
- Coordinate and manage multimedia production including review and feedback of material
- Provide technical training and on-going technical support to faculty
- Work with faculty who express interest in learning design and technology innovations to test new techniques and tools
- Share design, development, and technology best practices and innovations by leading workshops and taking part in communities of practice
- Maintain currency in learning sciences, instructional design principles, and emerging technology to support institutional advancement
Education & Certifications
- Bachelors degree required, Masters preferred in Learning Design and Technology, Educational Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related field
- Quality Matters (QM) Certified and Peer Reviewer or Master Reviewer preferred
- Knowledge of teaching and learning design best practices, including active learning strategies
- Experience creating online and hybrid courses
- Demonstrated skill in designing and conducting effective training sessions
- The ability to write effective instructional text and audio and video scripts
- Proficiency in LMS systems, social and collaborative tools, and Microsoft Office software
- Proficiency in eLearning authoring, design, audio and video editing software preferred
- Ability to think critically and successfully troubleshoot technical issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills including those needed to create and maintain positive interactions
- Passionate about digitally-enabled learning and eager to grow and learn
Need to hire a Learning Designer (Faculty Support)?
Reach out today for expert help finding the best candidates for your position.Contact Teamed