Getting ready to hire a Copy Editor?
A copy editor analyzes written content for mistakes in spelling, punctuation, and grammar; and checks text for form, length, style, and completeness.
We are seeking a copy editor who will review, update, and organize all written content on all of our platforms. The copy editor will proofread and edit all reports, presentations, proposals, educational content, and other documents as needed – being responsible for consistency in style and the highest levels of accuracy in spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Communicate and work with a production team to ensure content is published in a timely manner
- Review and update content, editing and rewriting as necessary to ensure correct tone, voice, clarity, flow, and structure of content and provide constructive critiques
- QA/QC for grammar, spelling, and technical accuracy
- Track changes effectively and maintain accurate versioning of records
Conduct final review of documents
- Format reports, PowerPoint® presentations, and other content as needed
- Maintain internal style guide
- Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills
Education & Certifications
Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, history, or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience as a copy editor (4+ years for a senior copy editor)
- Excellent written communications and copy editing and proofreading skills, with a strong command of the English language, attention to grammar, spelling, and detail
- Understanding of basic writing styles (AP, Chicago Press, APA) and layout standards
- Strong project, organizational, and project-management skills, with the capability of managing multiple tasks and shifting priorities, and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word®, Excel®, and PowerPoint®. Familiarity with Google Docs
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
- Ability to work well in a team environment and communicate status to peers and leadership
- Knowledge of SEO optimization strategies is preferred
This job description is available to customize. Download or save a copy of this job description.Download
Need to hire a Copy Editor?
Reach out today for expert help finding the best candidates for your position.Contact Teamed