Getting ready to hire a Learning Technologist (Education)?
Learning Technologist (Education, Centrally Designed Curriculum)
Professional who works with a team to develop online courses and is ultimately responsible for providing learning technology guidance, testing and integrating tools, as well as building online courses within the LMS system.
We are seeking a learning technologist to build online courses and provide guidance on the integration and use of technology. You will collaborate with a multifunctional team of faculty, subject matter experts, learning designers, multimedia developers, graphic designers, web developers, and more to create cutting-edge learning experiences. In this role, you will be responsible for guiding the team in technology-related decisions, integrating technology, building the end learning product, and conducting quality assurance and functionality testing.
- Support the team in the exploration and identification of technologies that meet course, program, and institutional goals
- Provide guidance on the technological feasibility of settings, features, and solutions
- Build the learning experiences according to defined LMS and style guide specifications
- Integrate learning technology tools and vendor products
- Optimize the course for maximum functionality across devices, systems, and browsers
- Perform regular software updates, vendor tool updates, and student tool set-up as needed
- Participate in quality assurance reviews and functionality and usability testing
- Monitor faculty and student challenges to recommend relevant technological solutions and provide support and training
- Maintain communication with LMS Administration department and IT Support to advance alignment, standards, and innovation as well as develop long-term solutions
- Lead and participate in faculty, staff, and student training and development of guides and informational resources
- Experiment with and remain current in new and emerging technologies including software, hardware, mobile, and cloud technologies that can enhance online teaching and learning
Education & Certifications
- Bachelors degree required, Masters preferred in Computer Science, Educational Technology, Instructional Design, or related field
- Advanced knowledge in educational technology tools and systems
- Experience integrating learning tools, building online courses, and evaluating and testing technological solutions
- Experience with software applications such as Photoshop, Premiere, Captivate, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and Audition
- Highly professional, organized, and reliable
- Ability to think critically about tasks and make recommendations that improve the student experience
- Track record in managing time effectively to complete multiple projects on time and according to standards
- Demonstrated ability to produce error-free work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively work with a multifunctional and geographically dispersed team
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Passionate about digitally-enabled learning and eager to grow and learn
Need to hire a Learning Technologist (Education)?
Reach out today for expert help finding the best candidates for your position.Contact Teamed