I have had a long history in developing curriculum.
- Worked on social studies curriculum for local public school system that serves over 100,00 students. This was a ground-up curriculum development project, starting with state standards to creating themes, units, and essential questions to align with county standards to creating the objectives. Then, we developed lessons to meet those objectives.
- For small, private educational company, I worked for 10 years as contracted employee completing various curriculum projects. For this company, they had contracted employees work on difference phrases of the curriculum development process. I had an opportunity to work in all stages from development of lessons to final review. I also had the opportunity to align courses to state standards for school systems interested in purchasing curriculum.
- In current employment, I am tweaking the provided curriculum to fit the needs and abilities of my students and the requirements of the school district. Most importantly, I focus on aligning ELA lessons provided and make sure they meet common core standards. In doing so, my students had the second highest growth in ELA in all of the DC public schools (based on fall and spring NWEA scores). And, my students had the highest ELA scores, on average, for PARCC in all of the Friendship Public Charter Schools.
- As a SME, I work as an contracted employee to align state standards to various educational assets. This has been a great opportunity to familiarize myself with the state standards in all 50 states.
I also continue to keep abreast of the UDL principals by attending webinars and as a member of the UDL community. I love the principle of multiple means of engagement, representation, and action/ expression. In addition, being a part of this community, along with other instructional technology communities, allows me to constantly implement new technology that is engaging yet effective.
Experience: 6-10 years
Availibility: 10-19 hours/week
Type of work: Part-time contracting, Permanent full-time position
Work location preference: Remote
- Learning design (intermediate)
- Learning leadership (beginner)
- Custom content writing (intermediate)
Bachelors degree at History major with Secondary Education minor, Loyola University, MD
Masters degree at Instructional Technology from Towson University, MD
High school diploma at
(from 07/01/2016 till present)
Instructional Lead Teacher for Middle School, I work remotely, so I prioritize work and manage expectations effectively. I must balance both administrative duties, like monitoring student progress, troubleshooting technology issues, assisting teachers in technology issues, and on-boarding new teachers and families to our school and its technology as well as my teaching duties, such as developing and presenting lessons to match content within the online learning system, preparing students for standardized testing, and responding to questions from student s and learning coaches.
(from 07/01/2017 till present)
SME, Alignment of educational assets to state standards